Thursday, May 16, 2013

farewell no. 1

I don't always blog about my colleagues or upload their photos because personally I don't think they will like to be exposed to the blogger world but oh well, since I want to keep it for my own reference, why not?

Having understanding colleagues and most importantly the ones that you can get along easily is very important. One of the reasons why I enjoy working here for so long because I have friends that come from different races and we understand each other that we just clicked. Talk about 1 Malaysia :) Before I were a TL, I used to stay in my own region and did not bother to update myself with news from other region. My goal for the day is to finish my tasks and that's it, go home and forget about work until one day I realised that I need to do something if I want to grow in this company. People will not know of your existence if you don't announce it to the world and so I thought. It's either that or leave.

The opportunity to become a Senior came 2 years after I joined the company. With support from my former TL, I managed to get the post and was a Senior for almost 3 years. As a Senior back then, I was very busy. The business is still new and tons of workflows need to be improvised, standardised and introduced. Together with other Seniors from other region, we worked on back-to-back projects and it totally gave me new experience having to work with other people and I actually understand the business better. So much of an intro huh?

I have been a TL for 3 years now and for the first 2.5 years, the girls TLs in my region have always been together. We discussed about almost everything work and non work related matters. It was fun. The trip to Sydney was even better as we got the apartment to ourselves and back then everything was "light and easy". Really miss that moment.

One of the girls TL bid us farewell last April. Wish you the best and it's kind of a perfect timing for her because she is now a mother. 3 days after the farewell, she gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Dear HL, if you are reading this,  I want to thank you for the friendship we have built for the last 6 years. You have been my buddy when I first joined the company then we became Seniors together and then TL. Thanks for everything and I wish you all the best in your future undertakings! Welcome to the motherhood too :)


Nov 2010 - Sydney Opera House



HL is the middle one in case you are wondering :)

No comments: