Thursday, January 27, 2011

4 paras in 5 mins

It’s Thursday again. Feel like only yesterday I've blogged on Thursday. Got nothing much to tell at this early except that I have weekly report to complete but taking my own sweet time to do that. I have stuffs to approve too as it is last Thursday of the month. For this year, I have decided not to allocate any products to myself but to be team’s backup. It would be easier that way as I can manage and focus on my current role without having the need to juggle products, meetings & reports.

Come to think of it, I have done A LOT for the past 4.5 years as a PE and a senior. I must say that it is not easy to be where I am at now (was even thinking about leaving if I fail to get the post). Honestly I thought it would be impossible as I am not the outspoken type nor the first one to volunteer for anything but with full determination, faith and confidence finally resulting to success. Alhamdulillah.

It does feel a bit weird not to own any products and allocating them to sub-ordinates but that is what I am supposed to do now. Of course SOME people will definitely take it the wrong way. I'm stressing the word "some" as not everyone is in the same boat. They have this mind set of TL have nothing to do and waste their time on unnecessary meetings, lunch, blogging (ehem ehem..I am not always on blog, even if I do..I know that I have to complete my work before deadline) but do they really know a thing? I have been on the other side and I perfectly understand how people think. Therefore will try my best to stay positive and be as neutral as I could and hope that they will come to their senses in determining which is wrong or right. If I can make things better, I will try but if it is just a waste of time, why bother right?

Now tell me again why I am rambling this long? As per subject..4 paras in 5 mins. Sheesh..back to work please, later!

p/s: I do miss my PE work..sometimes ;)

No comments: