Friday, June 26, 2009

King of Pop..no more

The King of Pop aka Michael Jackson has returned to his creator today. I’m not really a big fan of him but amazingly, I do know most of his songs infact i love the songs very much. “Beat it” brings me back the memory when I was 5 or was it 4..I was at my babysitter’s house and the babysitter’s son kept playing this song over and over again and it got stuck in my mind since then. “We Are the Children” was the closing song for my kindergarten concert. I was 5 and though I did not really know the lyrics, I sang along to it with all my heart together with the movements that have been taught by my teacher (you know la kids, always trying very hard to impress their parents). I still remember one part where we needed to raise up our hands, I raised up both hands as high as I could so that my parents could see me (aaa..if only I could find the video tape..) Among the songs that I love are mostly from the Dangerous album; Heal the World, Will You Be There (still remember Free Willy?), Black or White, Remember the Time and others are Rock with You and You Are Not Alone. The King of Pop has been a great influenced to the entertainment world and also to the WORLD itself. His songs have brought the world together eliminating the racial and color issues. We stay united by listening to his songs. I believe he died as a Muslim with the name of Mikaeel? If yes, Alhamdulillah. (fyi, Mika’s name has nothing to do with MJ’s name :P)

In our darkest hour
In my deepest despair
Will you still care?
Will you be there?
In my trials
And my tribulations
Through our doubts
And frustrations
In my violence
In my turbulence
Through my fear
And my confessions
In my anguish and my pain
Through my joy and my sorrow
In the promise of
Another tomorrow
I'll never let you part
For you're always in my heart.

-Will you be there, Michael Jackson-

No comments: