Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the day when..

Hey there..i wanted to blog for this long time ago but just could not find the time to do it. Being a mommy requires full time energy and mind to focus on the little one. Had to be there for him every 2 hours day and night for feeding and if he gets cranky needs to cuddle him before he goes off to sleep..it is tiring but really worth it. I will blog more bout motherhood in another entry.

Here goes..remember the day when I was 2cm dilated..click here..I was still doing fine till Friday evening. I asked hubby to take EL to accompany me at home as I did not feel like going back to Subang and we took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning. Cleaned the fridge and can you believe it the potatoes I kept in the vegetable compartment have grown into plant?? I should have taken a photo of it. OMG..that shows how long I never open the compartment :P Then there were also fishes, chickens, squids and some were even from last year’s in the freezer!! Hubby then went for his Friday prayer while I continued packing my stuffs to bring to the hospital and also to bring to Subang. I even watched the latest episodes of Gossip Girl & Desperate Housewives knowing that I will not have time for it after deliver. Umi, Mummy, Aunt Zie, cousins were like constantly checking up on me asking me if I’m okay or not or any other weird sign..told them I was just doing fine. They were like literally waiting for me to pop up and they were hoping it could happen asap. Honestly, I did not know what to expect. Just that I had this feeling that the baby will come out on Saturday, which was true ;)

Then around 7pm, we went out for dinner and by this time I started to feel uncomfortable and my tummy was acting weird. Yes, something like period pain plus diarrhea. I never experience period pain before but I guess that was how it felt like. I ordered roti canai and only managed to eat half of it as I felt like going to the toilet..hubby in other case could helped himself with a plate full of chicken briyanni. Then went home and I still managed to do last minute check on the hospital bag despite the uncomfortable feeling. Around 10, Umi called asking me if everything is alright. I told her of my condition and it happened like every 30 mins. Umi said that was contraction and I was like.."aaa…really??" huhuhu..she asked me to take warm bath and get ready with the bag and etc. As I was making my way to the toilet, guess what? My water bag broke. Trying not to panic, I took my quick 10 minutes warm bath and got ready to go to the hospital.

Reached CA at 11pm and my cousin Ellie called and I told her that still no pain yet and I can even joked around and snap some photos. My family members seemed more worried than me :P After being admitted, the nurse brought me to the labour room and checked that I was only 3cm dilated. They predicted that I will only give birth early in the morning and asked me to rest first. Unfortunately the single room was full and I was given the 2-bedded room instead. Visitors are not allowed to wait in the room and thinking that they will only send me to the labour room at 6 the next day, I asked hubby to go home first and come back at 5AM plus I was not in pain well..not until midnight. The pain..only God and other women have given birth before know how it felt. Contraction was like every 3 minutes that prevented me to sit still. I tried to ease the pain with different positions but the pain just kept coming. The person next to me was not helping at all as her TV volume was too loud and she was too selfish to notice that the patient next to her was in pain. I just wish hubby was there to support me. Things will be easier if I get the single room *sigh*

By 2AM, I was realllyyyy in pain and so in need of Epidural plus hubby was not around. They brought me back to the labour room and checked that I was already 7cm dilated. The pain was unbearable and they asked me to call hubby as they said the labour could happen anytime from now. But 7cm to 10 cm..it took 5 hrs! One of the reasons was because baby was sleeping and suddenly the contraction was very mild. I cannot imagine if I don’t take Epidural. By 6.30AM, doctor checked I was already 10 cm dilated but somehow the opening was still covered with this layer and they said to wait for another hour..I was tired and prayed that the baby will come out asap and hope for no emergency C-sect or anything. Then by 7.15AM, doctor came back and the delivery procedure begun. Doctor had to use vacuum as my baby’s position was a bit to the left and not fully faced down hence making it difficult to come out. Plus the baby’s size was big and also I was too tired to push. Finally at 7.34AM, my baby boy was born and he cried the moment he saw the world. Hubby was there to accompany me for the last 4 hours and he witnessed everything. He then recited azan to the baby and soon after the delivery, I felt asleep for 2 hours..tiredddd!! but before that, managed to remind hubby to ask Umi to bring roti telur..hungry okay :P

It was one unbelievable experience and to see something that size came out from my body was amazing. I wonder how he can actually fits in there. Syukur, Alhamdulillah. Welcome to the world my child, Ahmad Mikhail Haris!


few hours old 
mom, aunt and cousins
my sister is away on holiday trip  
the two grandmas 

2 comments:

afnilogy said...

hehehe..gambar mikhail kat atas awak tuh sungguh "national geographic" ;)

raF|za said...

hehe..agak lar..hopefully takde org terkejut ke tgk :P